After his wildly successful debut at the Inaugural Opening of Weill Hall, Chinese superstar pianist Lang Lang returns to Sonoma County in a performance guaranteed to thrill audiences with his commanding technique and stellar musicianship.
Time Magazine named Lang Lang in the “Time 100,” citing him as a symbol of the youth of China and its future. Lang Lang is cultural ambassador for Shenzhen and Shenyang. And if the Chinese passion for piano isn’t solely due to him, he has played no small part as a role model – a phenomenon coined by The Today Show as “the Lang Lang effect.” Steinway Pianos for the first time named a model after a single artist when they introduced the “Lang Lang Piano” to China, specially designed for education.
Tuesday, September 17, 7:30 pm
Lang Lang - piano
- Ballade No. 1, Op. 23 in G Minor
- Twelve Etudes, Op. 25, No. 7 in C-sharp Minor
- Ballade No. 2, Op. 38 in F Major
- Ballade No. 4, Op. 52 in F Minor
- Waltz No. 1 in E-flat Major, Op. 18 "Grande valse brilliante"
- Nocturne in F Major, Op. 15, No. 1
- Waltz No. 19 in A Minor, Op. posth.
- Andante Spianato and Grande Polonaise, Op. 22 - Andante Spianato
- Twelve Etudes, Op. 10, No. 3 in E Major "Tristesse"
- Nocturne in E-flat Major, Op. 55, No. 2
- Andante Spianato and Grande Polonaise, Op. 22 - Polonaise
- Nocturne in C-sharp Minor, Op. posth.
or email email@example.com
Box Office Business Hours:
Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
and one hour prior to all concerts
During regular business hours, the Green Music Center Box Office is located on the first floor of the Sonoma State University Student Center. 1801 East Cotati Avenue, Rohnert Park, CA 94928.
One hour prior to all Green Music Center performances, the Box Office is open adjacent to the Trione Courtyard in front of Weill Hall.
Box Office Mailing Address:
Sonoma State University Box Office
Student Center, First Floor
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928